What is NLP & Clinical Hypnotherapy?

This is where NLP(Neuro Linguistic Programming), Hypnosis & Emotional EFT (Freedom Technique) can play such a huge role in behavioural change therapies. Our brains are divided into two separate parts, the conscious and subconscious. The conscious mind is only 12% of our brains and is where logical, decision making and thinking takes place. It also retains short-term memory. It is crazy to think that most of our days are spent in the smaller part of our brains. The remaining 88% is our sub-conscious mind, this is where we hold our long-term memories, which create our belief system and perceptions. It runs all our behaviours.

The conscious and subconscious mind do not naturally work alongside each other, it is almost as if they speak separate languages. Talking therapies such as Counselling and CBT only work on the conscious layer, effectively treating only 12% of our thinking processes and not working on the remaining 88% that drives our automatic behavioural process. By only talking to the conscious mind in therapies the biggest part of the brain is being ignored and this is the place that trauma is recorded at the deepest levels.

If you experience a traumatic, dangerous event in your life, the subconscious can become stuck in survival mode as it does not realise the danger has passed. It can become over active in its task to keep you alive and safe. Therefore, it is so important to choose a therapy that works with both sides of the brain.

NLP is different to the more conventional talking therapies offered as it works with both the conscious and subconscious minds. The subconscious mind is effectively the driver behind the wheel that steers our journey through life. Your conscious mind relies on your subconscious mind in everything you do, it checks the files for previous experiences for everything that you are confronted with.

If there was a negative past experience the sub-conscious mind relays the data to determine how best to keep you safe, thus creating limiting behavioural patterns. Our brain does not consider the varying factors for each experience we go through. Our brain does this to create shortcuts to conserve energy. We are bombarded with 2 million bits of information every second, yet our conscious mind can only cope with up to five or take 7 pieces of information at one time, (Mihaly Csikzentmihaly , The Psychology of Optimal Experience).

Our conscious mind is deliberate whereas our sub-conscious mind responds automatically without thinking’. NLP approaches combine the sub-conscious mind working on the automatic level which is not present in other talking therapies. It goes to the inner core to work through and rewire automatic responses that are conditioned due to past encounters and memories. This creates new neural pathways that expand the persons map of their world. In turn this creates opportunities for expansion and growth rather than limiting beliefs based on memories of the past.

As well as talking therapies there are countless alternative holistic therapies that could be used in conjunction with NLP such as energy therapies. It has been proven by Quantum physics that nothing is solid and that everything is made up of vortices of energy. We are essentially millions of tiny molecules vibrating so fast against each other that we appear solid. Everything on this planet is made up of tiny molecules, which are made up of even smaller atoms. Atoms are made of sub-atomic particles called neurons, protons and electrons constantly spinning and vibrating and each radiating at their own unique energy signature. If we were to observe ourselves with a microscope at atom level, you would see invisible tornado like vortexes with an infinite number of small energy vortices called quarks and photons. The more you focused closer to the structure of the atom you would observe a physical void, it has no physical structure. Atoms are made up of invisible energy and not tangible matter, therefore we are beings of energy and vibration.  When we come to this realisation our mind becomes open to endless possibilities. The maps of our territory expand limitlessly.

As we are energetical beings, alternative holistic therapies can be of significant benefit alongside NLP. The combination of the varying energy healings such as Reiki, Acupuncture, Crystal Healing, Ayurvedic therapies, EFT  can all be used to truly shift your signature vibration to higher levels. These holistic alternative therapies can release stagnant energy blockages that have been built up by emotional blockages during long periods of time within your energy system which could manifest into physical diseases and ailments. For every disease there is an emotional blockage.

With so much evidence stacking against anti-psychotic medication and talking therapies such as counselling and CBT, it poses very serious questions as to why our health system continues to invest money into pharmaceutical companies and treatments that are proven to have no long term effect. Surely it is time to consider alternative therapies, such as NLP, Hypnosis, EFT that have been proven to be effective in the long term.